Building regs

T

teddyb

Can anyone tell me how to find out what sort of 'developments' might need build regs approval, please?

I've been told variously that timber outdoor buildings are exempt, and then again that they are not ...

I've been told that ANY changes, indoor or out, need building regs approval!

I can't believe this is right otherwise nobody would actually get anything done at all!!

I'd be really grateful for some advice / suggestions as to how to find out the reality .... cheers!

Sponsored Links
i think you are allowed to sneeze in your own home without approval though i might be wrong. :eek:

noseall said:
i think you are allowed to sneeze in your own home without approval though i might be wrong. :eek:

Are you sure about that :confused:

teddyb; difficult to advise without any info on what your planning to do! Visit you local council website where you will find loads of info to get you started; you can also speak to your local Building Control dept for advice, they are usually quiet helpful. Although outdoor buildings may themselves be exempt (conservatory for instance), any electrical, gas or drainage systems etc. must comply with building regs.

You can also log onto you’re the ODPM website where you will find all the building regs. to study once you feel more confident; happy reading!

Sponsored Links
Follow the advice above and go and have a chat with your local Building Control.

I went and had a chat with them (about a job) and they had a prepared sheet that they gave out to explain (broadly) what did and didn't need permission.

Thanks ..... at least I know where I might be able to find some useful info from here on ... cheers guys!!! Atchoooooo!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back