Building Reqs (Ground Level below airbricks &.....)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
New extension-

Anyone know what level external ground level has to be below airbricks? (ground level is near level to the height of new airbricks)

Also looking for the building regulation regrading a step from a patio door to outside, i am aware that i need to have a step out onto a platform but not to sure of how wide this platform needs to be, does anyone know ? (Ground level below door means i need to have at least one step down)

Would be greatful for any pointers!

Sponsored Links
External ground level is generally 150mm below dpc of lower.

For practical reasons most external ground level is kept as tight to 150mm as possible to avoid high steps etc.

Dpc is laid at the same height as internal floor level, however, if you have air bricks the chances are you also have a timber or concrete suspended floor. This may mean that (dependant upon design/age) your dpc is a course lower than internal floor level.

No regulations for ground level and airbricks. Obviously the airbricks must be able to vent, but they can be below ground level if a suitable recess is made

No requirements for a step outside patio doors - unless the Scottish regs are different?

Steps are generally formed on a practical basis, not to any rules. Either something wide enough to step on or wide enough to stand on if you need to fiddle with locks etc

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back