built in oven problem!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi.ive recently moved into new flat.has a new kitchen with built in oven and hob.hob is gas and oven is electric.the oven function works fine but the grill is not working at all?? i've removed the oven from its housing to see if their's any loose wires etc?? was wondering if anyone could offer some advice.the appliance looks virtually brand new so am at a loss as to why grill won't work.
thanks malcolm
forgot to mention it is made by proline.

Sponsored Links
Does it have a selector switch for grill / oven
Does it have a half grill setting, if it does I would not expect an element problem.
What make / model

Sponsored Links
Does it have a half grill setting, if it does I would not expect an element problem.
What make / model
hi.its a proline oven.it does have a selector switch for oven/grill.no half grill setting though.the grill actually looks unused.ive used the oven over the past few months.many thanks for your advice and would be grateful for any further advice!

What make / model
ive just removed the oven from its housing and upon checking the power cable where it connects to the oven i found it to be connected up in a bit of a shoddy way.i mean the live and earth were the wrong length as to not make a secure connection.if when the cable was screwed up like this could say an earth or live got disconnected and made something blow in relationt to the grill?
i would be grateful for any further advice.
malcolm

Have you got it wired properly now?
If not when you get a sparky round, get him to check it.
If you have rewired it yourself & you are happy wth that.
Then you could have a faulty selector switch, or what is common is that a wire has broke at the connection to the element. Switch off at wall plate & check the wiring is physically connected.

mains cable is wired properly now.ive removed back of the oven to check connections to grill element.no loose/broken wires there.so im at a loss to what the problem is?? dont wanna go to the expense of buying an element if thats not the problem ie it could be the selector switch.many thanks diyisfun!!
malcolm

If you have a meter you can check the element.
Have you looked at the selector switch, to ensure terminals connected

found out what was wrong!part of mains cable came lose causing grill element to blow.many thanks for all the advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back