Built in Microwave / oven combo above single built in oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking at getting a wicks kitchen and fitting it myself with a friend. I am getting all of the electrics done by someone qualified of course. Trouble is the appliances seem very expensive, I am looking at a single oven with grill and then a built in microwave with oven function above. I am looking at approx £1200 for that...

I was looking at getting an oven with grill for £300 and a sharp microwave combo with build in kit for £320 but on reading the build in kit instructions it states that the microwave should not be installed above a built in oven. Anyone got any idea why this is? Is this the same with all microwaves?

http://www.sharp.co.uk/cps/rde/xbcr...)-(SL)-(BK)-9910(SL)_OM_GB-DE-FR-NL-IT-ES.pdf

Thanks

Graham

Sponsored Links
Reasoning being how hot the top of a built in oven can get, possibly causing failure of the above appliance.
The micro wave requires lots of air to cool the magnetron and alot of built in ovens vent hot air out the rear (getting more common now for air to be vented forwards).

Ones built for use above an oven are specifically designed for the job as well as having very specific instructions on how to do it and ventilation requirements.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back