built-in oven sit on wood frame?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just measured the space under the hob, don't know why but after installation of the hobs the remaining height is 1cm short for the required height of built-in oven. If I remove the bottom shelving board from the kitchen cabinet, and build a wood frame/shelf on the floor supporting the oven, would that be okay? Should be more sturdy than the 18mm MDF board supporting the oven but not sure if there's any rules that not allowing this?

Sponsored Links
You can do that, although it shouldn't be necessary, ovens generally have a substantial recess on the top to accommodate items installed above them.

You can do that, although it shouldn't be necessary, ovens generally have a substantial recess on the top to accommodate items installed above them.

I’ve looked at a few ovens from different brands and mostly of them requires about 577mm in height but I only have 570mm below the hobs. I’m just trying to make sure I can fit one that way just in case but will wait until I bought the oven to make any changes to the cabinet.

Sponsored Links
Ovens often sit on side rails [no shelf]so can be anywhere in the cabinet, which really only needs to be left and right sides. Allows maximum ventilation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back