Bulding a canopy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Greetings builders.

I am about to build a small canopy at an old peoples home for a couple of them to huddle under whilst smoking a fag.

It's more of a favor than a job as I am a spark by trade. :confused:

I intend to construct a timber frame, thunderbolt it to the wall, then stick a sheet of this on as the roof.

Can anyone advise me on the cuts/angles/shape and construction of the frame?
I want to do a decent job as it can't fall down on the beggars in the future. :(

Any advice appreciated.

Sponsored Links
if you are going to use corrugated plastic sheets then i guess you are free to pitch the roof at an angle that would suit the surroundings or free of any first floor window sills.

you can either pitch the rafters at 600mm centres min and add sheet fixing noggings at 90deg to the rafters also at 600mm ctrs. or you can just set purlins off a pair of end rafters again at 600 centres.

the important thing to remember is corrugated sheets are fixed to the purlins and not the rafters.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back