Bulgaria

• Thread starter Soggy_weetabix
  • Start date
S

Soggy_weetabix

Has anyone been?

Would appreciate comments from anyone who has.

David

Sponsored Links
Has anyone been?

Would appreciate comments from anyone who has.

David
Went 3 years ago, very cheap then, Hotel food isnt so good so prepare to eat out often.

Beware of kids nearby as there are a lot of bag snatches.

i went there skiing about 20 years ago... was told to take windscreen wipers and jeans with me as the locals couldn't get hold of either. Also changing money with the waiters was a much higher rate than the banks (are they using the Euro these days?)

and things were so cheap that we went for a coffee one day, and it was cheaper than their smallest coin so we had to buy a biscuit to go with the coffee..

I've also heard it's worth considering investing in property over there?

Sponsored Links
nothings changed from 20 years ago then! :LOL:

:LOL:

Sounds like south london.. :rolleyes:

Its sposed to be the in place to buy property..but ive heard a lot of bad stuff about hygeine, street crime and bad food..

went to golden sands about 5 years ago fantastic holiday
ok outside the resorts poverty is high so looking for a few bob from the ritch tourists is to be expected :D

Hi there,

I have been quote a few times on snowboarding holidays. Its a fantastic place to go and the people on the whole are very friendly and can't do enough for you.

Its not as cheap as it used to be but should still be cheaper than at home.

Rico
:cool:

Sounds like south london.. :rolleyes:

Its sposed to be the in place to buy property..but ive heard a lot of bad stuff about hygeine, street crime and bad food..

Oi, thats racist, I was brought up in sarflundn.

Ive have just returned.

Quite a country!

Food can be hard to stomach, but 43 degrees helped to make the Menth go down on the beach.

Lost glasses in the black sea. Lost my fear of invincibility once I got in bus / cab / boat.

A 5 'lev' tip finds you a friend forever.

8 hours in the tattoo parlour is just as painful as at home but costs 1/8th of the price. (With better work done)

DONT ASK FOR TOAST as a Bulgarian Basil Faulty will appear and tell you to........ well, he will tell you none is available.

Dave

ive not been to bulgaria since i was 13. was ok, sunny beach i think it was called.....nil point for originality.

i remember blagging a few pints off the barman in the hotel bar as he didnt seem bothered by my age. i was also offered a full night of sex from a prostitute who was plying her trade in the bar, less than a fiver iirc.

sadly my mum caught me and i never saw her there again despite going back for another few pints :LOL:

Yep..out on a friday night in the old kent rd...fifteen pints of hofmeister, pull a 'grateful bird' kebab, fight, mini cab home...

And still have change of a fiver..

MEMORIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Sponsored Links
Back