Hi all, doing a job for an elderly neighbour and looking for advice on this. The first picture is the wiring on the old bulkhead light that I'm replacing. Unsure why two neutrals are going in, and the lives are terminated?
Anyway, new led light has 4 terminals. L,N,L,N ..with an earth off to side.
Now, I've tried every possible connotation of wiring to get the light working. Best I can get is the light just stays on, the light switch does nothing. I asked about why it even had x 2 cables, and assumed it must have a other switch somewhere, but no.They say they've always just switched it on with the same switch. There is one cable that I can follow from the light switch to the new light, but wiring that in does nothing, whereas the other cable - that heads off into the ceiling - if I wire that to the light then I can at least get the light permanently on. ...All strange, any ideas?
Anyway, new led light has 4 terminals. L,N,L,N ..with an earth off to side.
Now, I've tried every possible connotation of wiring to get the light working. Best I can get is the light just stays on, the light switch does nothing. I asked about why it even had x 2 cables, and assumed it must have a other switch somewhere, but no.They say they've always just switched it on with the same switch. There is one cable that I can follow from the light switch to the new light, but wiring that in does nothing, whereas the other cable - that heads off into the ceiling - if I wire that to the light then I can at least get the light permanently on. ...All strange, any ideas?
