Bungalow and garage power circuits looked at and tested?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How much will it cost to have my 3 bed bungalow and garage power circuits looked at and tested?
How often should they be looked at and tested for safety reasons?
Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Depends who's doing it. I normally charge about £120 for a 2/3 bed house, depending on the number of circuits, but it does vary.

And what is involved in that work?

How often should they be looked at and Tested for safety reasons?

Again, depends on things such as the location etc. Domestic properties are normally tested every ten years. Or when there is some work done which require a certificate. Or when you are concerned about a faulty installation

Sponsored Links
It involves testing every circuit at the fuseboard with an installation tester. It will involve things like removing lamps and dimmer switches etc, but is generally unobtrusive. The tester will measure loop impedance, insulation resistance and continuity, among other things. The real work comes when a fault is found!

Once a test has been done on the Power Circuits, How long will we normally get to correct any faults?

Once any faults have been corrected, Will we have to pay the full price of the full test again?

Thanks!

Best give me a call really as it's not that simple. Do you have any particular concerns regarding the condition of the installation or are you just after a Periodic Inspection report?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back