Burglar alarm,,

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help, I turned off the mains and the alarm went off.Turned the mains back on the alarm went off. Problem is that when I put my code in nothing happens .I have a basic instruction manual and have tried to use it but to no avail.The sytem was in the house when I bought it three years ago and I only know that it is a CONCEPT SYSTEM and I cant find any model nunber. Cheers

Sponsored Links
The satandby battery is flat as a pancake and the panel has defaulted to factory settings

The satandby battery is flat as a pancake and the panel has defaulted to factory settings

not nessesarily - it`s more likely to be locked out

power it all down, remove the battery and power back up mains only - you`ll need a new battery too

Thanks fot replies to all.If i take the old battery out do i ijust switch off at the mains and no alarm will go off? I switched off the mains the other day and the outside alarm went off so will this be okay? Thanks

Sponsored Links
I switched off the mains the other day and the outside alarm went off so will this be okay?

That outside alarm is a self activating bell (SAB). It runs on its own rechargable battery and it's designed to go off if all power - including the backup battery - is lost or if somebody cuts the wire. Short of climbing up to the bell box, the only way to silence it is to get the alarm working again, whether on mains or battery, and put a valid code in.

Or you could wait for it to go flat. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back