Burgler

TexMex said:
kendor said:
In one paragraph you have shown the type of person you are, There must be something wrong in a person's mind to want to torture another human being, I'm all for making a burglar serve a sentence but torture??! that's sick!
Yes, that's what comes of putting posts on a forum that does not contain a "toungue in cheek" emoticon.
Nothing funny about that at all and if you take comments like that so lightly then i stand by what i said.
On the subject of Two sided Views what if we turn this argument on it's head then by your reckoning it's ok for an iraqi who has stood by and watched his family butchered to become a "terrorist" and kill a soldier?
simply because he wants revenge.
Does it make that right?

Sponsored Links
if we turn this argument on it's head then by your reckoning it's ok for an iraqi who has stood by and watched his family butchered to become a "terrorist" and kill a soldier?
If the soldier he is killing is the one that he just saw butcher his familly, I'd say it's totally understandable. Anyone that wants to butcher my family should expect the same (wether they wear a uniform or not) :eek:

Kendor said,
after all this is a Diynot Forum and not the official website of the Ku Klux Klan!
and also this,
Where? , who? brought up racism. There was no mention of it in my post?

You have me confused again kendor, are you saying the klu klux klan are not racist?

Sponsored Links
david and julie said:
Kendor said,
after all this is a Diynot Forum and not the official website of the Ku Klux Klan!
and also this,
Where? , who? brought up racism. There was no mention of it in my post?

You have me confused again kendor, are you saying the klu klux klan are not racist?
Easy to confuse you isn't it :) I never brought racism into the argument that was you and another i merely mentioned the Ku Klux Klan as they are known to maim and murder, Again get your facts right before posting please! :rolleyes:

TexMex said:
if we turn this argument on it's head then by your reckoning it's ok for an iraqi who has stood by and watched his family butchered to become a "terrorist" and kill a soldier?
If the soldier he is killing is the one that he just saw butcher his familly, I'd say it's totally understandable. Anyone that wants to butcher my family should expect the same (wether they wear a uniform or not) :eek:
Ok on one hand you say it's ok for the soldiers to beat up this iraqi, on the premise that he may have killed one of their own, and secondly you also condone revenge killing therefore you are justifying the iraqi's killing british and american soldiers as they have lost loved ones in the conflict.
Again you can't have it both ways.
Revenge killing, assault is NOT justifiable, to keep Law and order only the courts should meet out punishment in the form of custodial sentences.
The Lynch Mob should never be allowed to rule the day.
Just remember a few years back in Ireland and the two unfortunate men that unwittingly got caught in a crowd of Mourners and the crowd slaughtered them so callously think how you felt watching that report.

The offending comments are not even about revenge for the killing of loved ones but revenge killing for taking possessions from a burglary so how can any rational person suggest that is ok??

As I've already said, the burglery rate in US is half that of UK because there is a good chance of being shot dead. The message would soon get around that it's not worth it here.
The shooting of burglers can be viewed as a cleansing of society, and when I look at the Tony Martin case it confirms that view.

In the event of a break-in, nothing would stop me trying to protect our home. However, now the years are piling on a bit, the fact has to be faced that I might come off second best if I physically take on a burglar. This means I can quite bravely go on about the way I'm gonna smash the guy to a pulp because know it's all talk anyway :). In view of the fact I might end up in a pool of blood myself, I wonder what the best way is for someone like me to handle a burglar.

I'm open to legal suggestions but it really needs to be something that keeps me remote from the intruder. I wondered about a starting pistol. Are they legal to keep in the home? I know they are very loud (even louder in a confined space) and they certainly look the part. Firing one of those could put me in charge of the situation. Faced with this, I suppose the burglar might scoot. No harm caused. I also thought of keeping an air pistol that actually does have a bit of a payload. In reality though, I think I'm probably be more interested in just getting rid of the villain rather than exacting revenge. What about pepper sprays etc. Are they legal?

The trouble with the things mentioned so far, is that they do involve a bit of forward planning. As such, could using any of them still be classed as a 'heat of the moment' action?

Can't see any harm in having a dog as a deterrent.

kendor said:
TexMex said:
Ok on one hand you say it's ok for the soldiers to beat up this iraqi, on the premise that he may have killed one of their own,
Where did I say that? You're the one that had these hypothetical soldiers butchering the Iraqi family. Not me.

and secondly you also condone revenge killing therefore you are justifying the iraqi's killing british and american soldiers as they have lost loved ones in the conflict.
Not just lost loved ones, but seen them butchered by this hypothetical soldier that he now wants to kill.

As I say, I know that if my family was butchered, the results of my reaction to the perpetrator of such a crime, would be far too sick for you to stomach. That doesn't make me a psychopath, just a loving family man.

So tell me, what would you do with someone that has just butchered YOUR family. Would you have a nice chat with him over a nice cup of tea to help him overcome his violent tendancies. No, you'd turn into a psychopath like the rest of us. :LOL:

planenut said:
I reckon Kendor's a magistrate! :wink:
Close, well at least there is a courthouse in the town centre so i may well live in proximity to a magistrate. ;)

TexMex said:
kendor said:
TexMex said:
Ok on one hand you say it's ok for the soldiers to beat up this iraqi, on the premise that he may have killed one of their own,
Where did I say that? You're the one that had these hypothetical soldiers butchering the Iraqi family. Not me.
and secondly you also condone revenge killing therefore you are justifying the iraqi's killing british and american soldiers as they have lost loved ones in the conflict.
Not just lost loved ones, but seen them butchered by this hypothetical soldier that he now wants to kill.

As I say, I know that if my family was butchered, the results of my reaction to the perpetrator of such a crime, would be far too sick for you to stomach. That doesn't make me a psychopath, just a loving family man.

So tell me, what would you do with someone that has just butchered YOUR family. Would you have a nice chat with him over a nice cup of tea to help him overcome his violent tendancies. No, you'd turn into a psychopath like the rest of us. :LOL:
In the above comment, are you suggesting that i wrote that? i don't even spell family like that!

On your final question, that's the point i'm making, The Iraqi sees his family killed he takes revenge, the soldiers see their comrade killed and take revenge and so on and so forth!
Of course i would do all i could to protect my family and myself in defense but i wouldn't pre-meditate as some here imply.
And someone said it before the reason Tony Martin got himself in trouble was because he didn't use reasonable force and he shot a fleeing person in the back! what justification is there in that when the danger had past?

Kendor
Look at your post of February 7th 3:24pm you said
Nothing funny about that at all and if you take comments like that so lightly then i stand by what i said.
On the subject of Two sided Views what if we turn this argument on it's head then by your reckoning it's ok for an iraqi who has stood by and watched his family butchered to become a "terrorist" and kill a soldier?
Does it make that right?
You did say it!. This was the very first mention of a hypothetical Iraqi famiy being butchered. Now in your hypothetical scenario, the Iraqi gentleman now wants to kill a soldier. So applying a bit of logic, I can only assume that the soldier in question was responsible for the butchery.

So like I say, this would be a perfectly understandable reaction for this Iraqi gentleman. I didn't say it would be OK, just understandable.

I do find it disturbing that you call this guy a terrorist, yet if it was my family being avenged, I'd just be a psychopath :LOL:

In Tony Martins case, any fool can realise that the red mist took over. Who was responsible for that. The bl**dy burglars. Don't forget, this particular burglary was about the fourteenth that he had suffered in a few months. That's enough to wind anybody up, even you, surely?

Sponsored Links
Back