Getting new front door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How can i disconnect/disable the front door sensor!!??

I'm not a burgler or anything, but getting new front door tommorrow and the door man said I need to disconnect the sensor (is this right?). With blind confidence/ignorance, i just said thats no problems, but after opening the alarm panal/box, i cannot see anything that will let me disable a particular sensor.

Unfortunatly, to make my life even more difficult, I have not been given the manual by the previous owners, all I have is the alarm code and thats it!!! There are no giveaway on who the manufactuer is, except 9448 on the cover!?

Help...?

thanks

Sponsored Links
you dont disable it form the panel , since it will hav to go on the new door.

is it flush or surface?

if its flush undo the 2 screws and gently pull it out. note which wires go where.

cut them off so you have as much slack as possible.

the alarm should go off when you do this, jst enter your code.

there is also a magent in the door you will need this too.

drill 20mm hole in new door frame and suitable sized hole for cable.

poke cable into small hole and connect back to contact. shut door.

mark where top of contact now is then open door, hold magnet on the mark you made. in the centre of this drill a 20mm hole put the magent in the hole. They should end uo aliginging each other (have a look now before you remove them)

enter your code

now you are going to say its a new PVC door arent you

you will need a surface contact then. get one from maplins

follow advice, except for drillig 20mm holes bit, a surface contatc has the same number of screws that a flush one does, but they are in a strait line

View media item 3133
ignore the resistors

Sponsored Links
Most new plastic doors will have a bevelled edge that makes fitting the magnet difficult.

they do, but it doesnt.

bearing in mind as joe -90 said the door is uPCV so it does not affect the magneti field of the magnet.

a simple way to test it it to connect a pair of wires to the contact connect to a multi meter and stick the contact and magent in their respective positions with blu tac to see the bes / easiest place to fix them properly

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back