alarm problem after fornt door replaced

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I had a new front door fitted and had to fit a new surface mount sensor. I took note of wiring prior and stupidly just cut through all the wires.

It's an Accenta 8.

This activated tamper, I put my code in and the alarm stopped.

I then proceeded to wire in the new sensor.

The door does chime when I open and close it. The tamper light is flashing on and off slowly (service interval reached?)

My problem, if I do "code" and leave the house the alarm doesnt arm. So I entered code whilst in house and waited for beeping to stop... opended door and alarmn doesnt fire.

If I do "code" "prog2" thats my night time mode (disables landing pir) that programme works fine. Alarm fires if sensors triggered.

Not sure what the problem is, any ideas? I have downloaded the manual and am considering factory reset and reprogramme but would really love to avoid this. I dont have eng code.

Sponsored Links
Why does it make a difference if you wait in the house? :confused:

Are there any stray wisps of wire touching terminals that they shouldn't?

Sponsored Links
Yes I rewired as before..

I staid in the house so i could see if the alarm panel was flashing or anything

I'll check for stray wires..

looks ok to me, the light will stay on for a few secounds if on chime anyway, what lights are on if you close all the doors keep still and set the system ?

looks ok to me, the light will stay on for a few secounds if on chime anyway, what lights are on if you close all the doors keep still and set the system ?

just the power light.. the day light goes off when the beeping stops, all other lights also off. If I open door or activate PIR no lights come on.

then if i put my code in - it does nothing... put my code in a second time and it starts beeping as though it's setting the alarm.

I have just pulled power form main unit and disconnected battery for a couple of minutes - no difference (it went into tamper but I cleared with user code)

setting sounds correct, but you say once it is set you can open door or walk in front of pir and nothing happens ? is the tamper light still flasing ?

setting sounds correct, but you say once it is set you can open door or walk in front of pir and nothing happens ? is the tamper light still flasing ?

yes - I can open door, walk in front of pir and alarm doesnt fire. PIR light comes on and goes off, door doesnt chime. No lights for any zones come on either.

I then need to put my code in and press reset before lights come on for zones.

how old is the system ? what does the end station look like ? small plastic box or large metal box ?

more weirdness.. no when i open door it doesnt chime - with door closed if I put a meter across reed it shows 0, with door open it shows 1 - so the reed is operational.

if you have powered down the system you may need to turn chime back on.

yeh, its back on now... chime 1 - wait till it beeps, door now chimes again.

what do you think then? full nvm reset and programme? from all I can see the sensors ok, wirings ok - no shorts.. just prog1 doesnt arm... prog 2 arms just fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back