alarm problem after fornt door replaced

sounds a bit strange, has the battery been replaced in the last 5 years ? post a picture of pcb when you get time

Sponsored Links
battery problably same one as install 12 years ago.. put a meter across and its showing 13v - not that thats an indication of how it would stand up to current draw. When I pulled power (external fuse) to the main unit the pir's door keypad and door chime still worked though.

first thing change that battery, normally every 5 years so its not done bad, ade panels dont like faulty batteries they burn out the large resistor above the large capacitor on the right of the pcb ( yours looks good )it may be a default and reprogram job, sorry cant be of any more help

first thing change that battery, normally every 5 years so its not done bad, ade panels dont like faulty batteries they burn out the large resistor above the large capacitor on the right of the pcb ( yours looks good )it may be a default and reprogram job, sorry cant be of any more help

no worries m8 - thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
I've got to say that for a DIY system that control panel is one of the tidiest I have ever seen. Well done.

Nah it's not my work.. pro installed it before we bought house.. I'm just fault finding now.

BTW - just cleared NVM - prog1 now working as I want it.. timed on door and on pir in hall. Alarm fires if triggered. Yeh.. user 1 set to my code - eng code set to another code, user2 and duress cleared

now trying to sort prog 2 for when we got to bed (pir on landing disabled - everywhere else timed - except front and back door)

sound about right?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back