Burgler

TexMex said:
Kendor
Look at your post of February 7th 3:24pm you said
Nothing funny about that at all and if you take comments like that so lightly then i stand by what i said.
On the subject of Two sided Views what if we turn this argument on it's head then by your reckoning it's ok for an iraqi who has stood by and watched his family butchered to become a "terrorist" and kill a soldier?
simply because he wants revenge.
Does it make that right?
You did say it!. This was the very first mention of a hypothetical Iraqi famiy being butchered. Now in your hypothetical scenario, the Iraqi gentleman now wants to kill a soldier. So applying a bit of logic, I can only assume that the soldier in question was responsible for the butchery.

So like I say, this would be a perfectly understandable reaction for this Iraqi gentleman. I didn't say it would be OK, just understandable.

I do find it disturbing that you call this guy a terrorist, yet if it was my family being avenged, I'd just be a psychopath :LOL:

In Tony Martins case, any fool can realise that the red mist took over. Who was responsible for that. The bl**dy burglars. Don't forget, this particular burglary was about the fourteenth that he had suffered in a few months. That's enough to wind anybody up, even you, surely?
I quoted your wording with familly spelt that way as it was on it's own out of context to which i had typed it originally.
The point i was making on both counts, Hypothetically the iraqi would not necessarily attack the soldier in question but treat all the, in his eyes,invaders, the same.
same the soldiers attack the iraqi even if he wasn't the one involved(hypothetically) so the point i was making was that neither is justifiable revenge begets revenge.
The wording of terrorist against phsycopath was merely again to show the thin line in judging people and giving them titles.
What is one person's terrorist is another person's hero is another person's psychopath, whatever you wish to call them doesn't justify the act does it?
For example some have implied on here that tony martin is a hero to have had a go. but reading his actions in context to this he was in the wrong and so the courts justifiably jailed him.
That's all i was trying to say, have i made it clearer this time?

Sponsored Links
It looks like the worst case scenario in this country may be an Iraqi burgler then?

shaggy said:
It looks like the worst case scenario in this country may be an Iraqi burgler then?

Nah ! Tis when yer milk bill is signed Osama B-L !! ;)

Sponsored Links
Kendor
Once the fight or flight reaction kicks in, it doesn't just switch off again because someone turns their back. If I feal threatened enough to start getting physical, that wouldn't stop just because the other chap starts running away. Even if I was able to think logically, in those circumstances, How would I know that he's not just running over to pick up a weapon.

In Tony Martins case I can't help but feel, "there, but for the grace of god, go I". Fortunately, I don't have access to a firearm, and have yet to be confronted by a burglar.

I can quite easily imagine being scared sh*tless by the sound of multiple intruders of unknown size and with unknown armoury. Picking up a weapon for protection and going to investigate. Getting more and more tense as I approach. Then suddenly being confronted by a couple of excitable youths. At that point even an cukoo clock would be in mortal danger! Whose fault would it be? THE BURGLARS. Thery're the ones that have put me in this unstable state. They're the ones whos UNLAWFUL actions have brought about the whole situation.

You have no sympathy for ninebob because his illegal actions brought about a potentially disasterous situation. I would argue that Tony Martins Burglars, (by the same yardstick) deserve no sympathy. It was their illegal actions that led to catastrophy that day.

The trauma of what Tony Martin went through, should have been punishment enough. His imprisonment served no purpouse whatsover. It's not as if he was a danger to the community. Just burglars.

The fact is that there are probably a great number of us that are a danger to burglars. Deep down we know, that in the event of becoming a victim of a burglar, we could end up in prison. It's all well and good, arguing the toss, that I need to change my attitude. You might just as well tell me to stop snoring in my sleep. I just can't do it.

Have you ever stubbed your toe and then punched the offending piece of furniture? It acheives nothing, and you know it, yet you still do it. Next time it happens, just thank your lucky stars that it wasn't a burlar and you didn't have a gun in your hand.

O.K. then, why was I warned for having a dangerous dog when it took a chunk (WELL DONE CHANCE !!) out of some myopic low lying pond scum who decided to come into my back garden over the fence ?
P.S. To anyone concerned about animal cruelty, he (the dog) went for a jab, to make sure he hadn't caught ought and had a choccy biccy when he got home as a reward.

I've never expressed whether i'm smpathetic or not towards ninebob, I merely stated how people can react in two totally different ways given certain circumstances.

Back