buried cables?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello, i need to run a kitchen ring from under the floor boards downstairs out into the extension (kitchen) that is being built now, the floor is going to be concreted and screeded. would plastic conduits be ok???

Sponsored Links
hello, i need to run a kitchen ring from under the floor boards downstairs out into the extension (kitchen) that is being built now, the floor is going to be concreted and screeded. would plastic conduits be ok???
not really, afaict there are no safe zones in a floor and anything able to go through concrete is liable to go through PVC pretty damn quickly.

earthed galv conduit is the way to go here IMO. Try to keep the number of bends to a minimum and use pulled bends not elbows.

Sponsored Links
A Building inspector will not let you run the cables under the screed,unless its accessable via a suitable trunking i.e metal set in to the screed. If you go down the trunking route then it still has to be accessable trough any floor covering. Whats wrong with running cables through new roof timbers. you must have wires in a first floor void? :idea:

Hmm, buried deep and in earthed mechanical protection is fine.

Some building inspectors do get a bit 4nal about such things though! Stick to roof trusses, insulation and damp courses I say!

Doing loads of work in places with pcv/pvc buried into the screed atm, sure glad that stuff isn't so common nowadays!

A Building inspector will not let you run the cables under the screed,unless its accessable via a suitable trunking i.e metal set in to the screed.
On what legal basis?

If you go down the trunking route then it still has to be accessable trough any floor covering.
Who says so?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back