Buried news??

• Thread starter confidentincompetent
  • Start date
C

confidentincompetent

Oh god seems I'm now an hazadous waste producer!!!!! All I do is paint fkn houses for gods sake! I tried looking on environment agency site I know i'm no graduate but you need a degree in gobblgook to find out any info on waste paint. ok its late I;ve had a few I'll look again tommorow unless you lot have the same prob with environment site??

Sponsored Links
Last I knew, council tips were quite happy to dispose of waste paint. Has something changed?

TexMex said:
Last I knew, council tips were quite happy to dispose of waste paint. Has something changed?

Think so! ok for houseolders but apparently even a sole trader decorator has now got to be a registered hazardous waste user or whatever?? :confused:
New rule on 16 july

Sponsored Links
Yeah your right adam. This environment thing is becoming a nightmare and the worrying thing is all this waste still ends up in the same place, just means a lot of paperwork = invented jobs= more fees.
I was chatting to a chap who cleans offices etc he reckons any used cleaning fluid containers have to be washed out, before discarding them into his commercial waste bin and there are INSPECTORS doing spot checks to make sure he complies :eek:
Others may not bother a new epidemic of fly tipping on way :?:

i think all rubbish (household, commercial, building, etc..) should be collected and dealt with FOC by councils/government. this would do much for the environment, as no-one would be tempted to fly-tip, throw tyres into parks, etc.. this could be funded by general taxation, or other methods.

confidentincompetent said:
Oh god seems I'm now an hazadous waste producer!!!!! All I do is paint fkn houses for gods sake! I tried looking on environment agency site I know i'm no graduate but you need a degree in gobblgook to find out any info on waste paint. ok its late I;ve had a few I'll look again tommorow unless you lot have the same prob with environment site??

Try here https://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/apps/hazwaste/InternetRegistrationServlet it costs £18 if you do it online which is the cheapest way.

user56565 said:
i think all rubbish (household, commercial, building, etc..) should be collected and dealt with FOC by councils/government. this would do much for the environment, as no-one would be tempted to fly-tip, throw tyres into parks, etc.. this could be funded by general taxation, or other methods.
Isn't that called rates ???

Scoby_Beasley said:
Isn't that called rates ???

you seem to have missed the point i was making. which was that if rubbish collection was free at the point of use, then most of the incentive to fly-tip and ruin the environment would be gone.
someone would then bring up the problem, about the additional costs imposed on local govts, hence why i said it could be funded generally like everything else.

Thanks petwood.
Actually I was in envoirnment agency thing you supplied. The application forms come up instantly but if I try to read legislation law etc it all grinds to a halt :confused: Its obviously my pc I think!
Thanks for that info on £18 etc, I Will try to access to find more info before I fill in form as I dont know full story yet.

When you send off the application they email you a certificate with your registration number. We had to have this because no-one can take away our waste without sight of this certificate. If we did not have to have waste collected on a regular basis I probably would not have been so quick to apply.

most main tips wont take a van now unless you support docs to say yes youre a waste merchant ...

+did you know you must by law inform the companies house your a sole trader ...more forms ..on a thursday morning you are then after the paperwork to try an make a living ..lol

Moz said:
most main tips wont take a van now unless you support docs to say yes youre a waste merchant ...

+did you know you must by law inform the companies house your a sole trader ...more forms ..on a thursday morning you are then after the paperwork to try an make a living ..lol

Hmmm :eek: no one's told me that before, there again i didn't ask as 25 yrs ago companies house told me not to bother em if I was a sole trader!
I am registered with inlan revenue an they been happy to tax me as such for the last 25 yrs. :evil:

Is it the solvents they are worried about? I was under the impression that most paint these days had had the hazardous content that old paints used to contain removed such as Lead. If just the solvent couldn't they be vented off first before disposing?

kendor said:
Is it the solvents they are worried about? I was under the impression that most paint these days had had the hazardous content that old paints used to contain removed such as Lead. If just the solvent couldn't they be vented off first before disposing?

Actually I'm led to believe that all paint what isn't recycled ie. part used tins taken away by groups, scouts, charities etc goe into landfill with no treatment. Seems the main concern, is that dustmen might get paint squirted on them when tins go into crusher. The best bit so far regarding t.v and p/c screens they are now classed as Hazardous waste as the glass contains lead :rolleyes: . Dont know what they will do with all this lead crystal glass that we drink out of :eek:

Sponsored Links
Back