Burning full albums

• Thread starter david and julie
  • Start date
D

david and julie

I am running windows 98 have nero 5.5 and nero express installed.

I also have an uninstalled XP pro available if it would be better suited.

Is there a way downloaded full LP's can then be split, so you can listen to individual tracks like a bought LP.

I've been told nero will do this but I don't know how.

Alternatively does anyone know of a programme that will do this?

Thanks

Dave

Sponsored Links
Launch Nero Express

Click on Music... then audio CD

Then click on the add Icon

And browse for whatever tracks you want to add to the playlist.

It's quite easy.

Good luck

Ooooh arrrghh, Jim Lad! (pirate noises!)

Do you mean that for example, you have "ripped" one of your LPs into your computer, into one 40 minute long mp3/wav? And you want to burn it onto an audio CD as separate tracks?

I have never tried doing specifically that in Nero, but I know the audio editor does let you cut bits in and out of a track so you could do it (although rather longwinded) by e.g. taking track 4 and cutting everything to the left and right of it out, then saving just what is left.

You might be able to put "markers" into it to say where tracks start and finish. Quite often you can find a "how to" on the net. Try going on google and searching for "ripping vinyl nero". That might help.

Good luck

Thanks for the reply

Unless I am doing something wrong(more than likely) the playlist only shows the LP as one record, the name of the LP.

What I have in mind is being able to play or skip an individual track as you can on a bought CD. Rather than always having to listen from the beginning.

I was hoping you could do that somehow with nero.

Sponsored Links
Adam...... I hadn't seen your post when I wrote.

Yes I do mean what you said.

When playing in the car you never hear the last tracks unless your on a longish drive!

DJ I am on 98se.

I use software named 'Clean Plus 4' by Steinberg (there are two versions, one comes with a little pre-amp the other, cheaper, without) specifically for backing up all vinyl, tapes etc to CD .... is pretty good at removing 'crackle and hiss' etc. ... bit OTT really but absorbing ! Does a proper job just like the real thing. Is not very easy to use though.
Now by pinnaclesys.com.
Made a great job of some warped and scratchy early '60's Duane Eddy 45's, likewise with tapes and LP's !!
I believe there may be some 'freebies' and / or more user friendly software on web which do roughly the same thing. Click here 4 a useful guide.

P

I must read posts properly before replying.

:oops:

Why not just download the individual tracks on Kazaa or suchlike???

DJ can you play MP3 in car ?

This could be useful too ! JukeBox Decoder MP3 conversion tool and player that allows you to batch-convert MP3s to WAV format in order to burn them on CD .. Freeby !
Click here.
dBpowerAMP Music Converter is there too, it is well rated, I have used that .. simple interface !!

P

No I can't play MP3 in my car.

I only use MP3 if an LP is to long to fit on a CD.

To be honest neither my home CD player or DVD recorder will play back MP3.

I do have a cheap LG dvd player that does everything and I use that just for playing MP3 and for parties or what not.

There is actually a program available for free by the name of audacity which I use... If you open the MP3s in there, you can select different parts of the sound, and then copy and paste it into another audacity window. Then you can save each track you copy and paste as an MP3, WAV or OGG (use WAV if you're going to burn it to CD because it will be better quality, you will avoid compressing something twice). Search for it - it's available free for download.

ZenStalinist said:
There is actually a program available for free by the name of audacity which I use... If you open the MP3s in there, you can select different parts of the sound, and then copy and paste it into another audacity window. Then you can save each track you copy and paste as an MP3, WAV or OGG (use WAV if you're going to burn it to CD because it will be better quality, you will avoid compressing something twice). Search for it - it's available free for download.
it's also on the coverdisk of PCF this month

Cool... I'll have a look at the site to see if I also have the latest version. It's a little unreliable when it comes to manipulating sounds, but it ain't all that bad as a simple multitrack sound editor.

I use a programe called 'mega mp3 splitter' which is free and works quite well, however it doesnt always work. There are countless programes out there that will do the job. Just put a search on for mp3 splitters

Sponsored Links
Back