Burst pipe - easy to fix?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a burst pipe in an outhouse on my property. As you can see in the photo, the pipe on the left has come apart at the joint.

I'm semi-competent at DIY, but no expertise when it comes to plumbing.

Does this look like a straightforward fix? If so, what parts and/or materials would I need?

Or is it a job for a professional?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
A new 22mm olive and a couple of pairs of grips. The right hand one looks to have moved a bit as well.

Simple enough job with the right tools.

As a fellow DIY enthusiast, I think you can handle fixing that burst pipe. It does look like a straightforward fix, and you'll need a new 22mm olive and a pair of grips. You might also want to check the right-hand joint, as it looks like it has moved a bit as well. However, if you're not confident in your plumbing skills, it's always better to call in a professional. Speaking of professionals, I recently had some plumbing work done by RooterWorx, and they were fantastic. They specialize in structural repair, and their team was knowledgeable, friendly, and efficient. If you need any help, you can reach them at https://rooterworx.ca/. Good luck with your project!
You may find that the OP has already fixed it given it's 4 months ago.

That and please be aware that as this is primarily a UK forum then the callout charge for a Canadian outfit to visit Middlesex may be a little excessive ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back