Bush dual fuel cooker - grill and top oven not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My stepdaughters cooker has developed a problem. The grill and top oven has stopped working. The light by the switch does not come on and there is no output.

Any clues as to what it might be? She doesn’t have a lot of money so we can’t go replacing parts on trial basis and cannot afford an engineer at this stage

Thanks

Dave

Sponsored Links
Can you try and narrow down whether this is a problem with the gas, the electricity or both then repost perhaps.

Sorry, the grill and top oven is electric. The problem is with the top oven/ grill. On read on some reports they suggest that if the grill doesn’t get warm but the light is on then the element may be at fault. But in this case, the red indicator light by the switch is off and there is no heat from the top or bottom elements in the top oven nor does the grill get red or hot

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I'm not familiar with your particular cooker, but you should be able to test what's wrong using a multimeter (unless it all works by a circuit board).
***** Only do the following if you're confident, and know and understand the dangers of working with live electricity - if in doubt leave it a professional. *****
Connect your multimeter to the terminals of one element and see if you have voltage - if not then the problem is probably your 'switch'. Check for voltage at the 'switch', you should have constant voltage at the input side, and voltage at the output side with the 'switch' on. Mine has a permanent live and switched neutral output. If you have input but no output your 'switch' is faulty. If you have no input your supply wiring is faulty.
Be aware the 'switch' could be an energy regulator ie it will supply the full 240v when initially switched on, rather than a varying voltage one might expect from a rheostat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back