Business card details

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just having some new business cards made up.

I don't particularly want my full address on there due to security reasons, is it the norm to have full address on there?

Don't want to come across as a gypo with no fixed abode! Home number will be on the cards but ex directory.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
yes

At the least, put "Joe Malone, Bayswater, plumbing and decorating" or similar, to give people the idea you are a local firm. If your landline number is 0208 790 nnnn or something, local people will know if it is a local number. Consider getting a line for the business. You can have it disconnected if you close down, and it is easier to put the bills through your company accounts. If you make a lot of calls you can get a business tariff from BT that includes unlimited calls, including to mobiles. I think they monitor it for reasonable use.

If you are a limited company people can look you up at Companies House and you must display the company name and registered address.

When I worked for an electricity company in a rough part of town, there was no sign outside or name on the building. Originally there had been, and disgruntled punters who'd been cut off used to come and lob bricks through the windows.

Sponsored Links
Back