buying a van at auction

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi im looking to swap the car for a van, something like a transit connect, does anybody have any idea what sort of price these or similar sell for at auction? there are loads and loads of them going through the auctions i know that i would have vat and auction fees etc to pay on top but am interested in going along to have a look, trouble is the nearest one is about an hour and a half away from me.

cheers

Sponsored Links
The problem with auctions is that unless you can inspect the vehicle beforehand or are offered a guarantee you are on your own. I buy my cars from ebay, you can go and try them and you pay the price they are really worth which may or may not be the auction price but is certainly much cheaper than a dealer.

If you have a bit of mechanical knowledge you can get some real bargains on ebay by buying a vehicle that needs attention as long as its running and legal, I bought a 51 reg C5 diesel estate a few weeks ago for £300.00, a couple of days work and its fine.

Peter

Yes, if you like a gamble on the horse, and you just don't get that "buzz" anymore, try buying a van at auction.

Ok if you can fix, not so pleasant if you have to go to a main dealer?

Sponsored Links
this is not about auctions, but the van.

I drive a VW Caddy and love it. It feels more like a car than a van and handles extremely well!

Please be aware that vans, due to their very purpose tend to have a hard, multi driver life.....local authorities and utilities companies get rid of their vehicles because they realise that they are coming to the end of their economical life, and have probably been to the moon and back anyway :eek:
Do take your time and carefully look around - even van only dealers are masters at the quick blow over spray gun.
John :)

Back