Buying more garden?

I hope it doesnt have a covenant attached. You dont want the the vicar knocking on the door asking you to pay for a new church roof :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
I hope it doesnt have a covenant attached. You dont want the the vicar knocking on the door asking you to pay for a new church roof :ROFLMAO:
The MIL had one of those on her house. Cost £100 to buy an indemnity policy, the solicitor sorted it.

Sponsored Links
So I need to:

Check it’s not consecrated.
Check it’s current ‘Use’.
Get the info from the Land Registry.
Check for Rights of Way through it?

Decide how much I want to offer.
and not mention things like keeping it for nature otherwise the church will add a covenant to the land to hold you to it.

So I need to:

Check it’s not consecrated.
Check it’s current ‘Use’.
Get the info from the Land Registry.
Check for Rights of Way through it?

Just make your offer subject to the above, plus anything else you may think of and if it’s accepted, then get a solicitor to do all the above searches.

and not mention things like keeping it for nature otherwise the church will add a covenant to the land to hold you to it.

Would that not be part of my proposal that I won’t alter it too much?

In general it is best to minimise any detail that may restrict what you want to do in the future.

Afterall you may want to build a drainage superstore on it one day :ROFLMAO:

Or maybe the area is crying out for a mosque, and then you could enjoy the 'call to prayer' at 6am every day (y)

"My plan is to leave it pretty much as is, my valuation is based on fair value of the Land assuming there are no restrictive covenants etc.".

In general it is best to minimise any detail that may restrict what you want to do in the future.

Afterall you may want to build a drainage superstore on it one day :ROFLMAO:

Or maybe the area is crying out for a mosque, and then you could enjoy the 'call to prayer' at 6am every day (y)

Oh, I imagined the proposal quite detailed with drawings on to show my plans. On one side I would clear a few trees so that more stuff will grown on the floor, and the other side plant more medium sized stuff so the animals can root around in it.

There’s a large area of brambles I would want to clear to plant a few more trees.

Be careful - Surely you want the investment to have some value and growth potential?

Oh, I imagined the proposal quite detailed with drawings on to show my plans. On one side I would clear a few trees so that more stuff will grown on the floor, and the other side plant more medium sized stuff so the animals can root around in it.

There’s a large area of brambles I would want to clear to plant a few more trees.

Its best to avoid any detail. the more vague the better. Anything could happen in then next few decades and the need for land for housing will ever increase. Dont restrict your plans to what you want for your forseeable future -your plans and the area may change a lot in the next 30 years.

I hadn’t thought of that, I just imagined myself rattling round in it with my Grandkids then chuck me over the fence when I snuff it.

I don’t want to be too vague that I loose out on it, being that’s its me that wants it rather than them that want to get rid.

Would £10,000 be a fair offer?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back