Buying tyres online

L

longdogs

I need to buy a couple of tyres for my CRV and have been looking into buying them online. Thick-Fit quoted me £70 each for the budget version but on line I have seen the real thing (Bridgestone) for almost the same price. All sounds good and I was just about to order then got cold feet - seems too good to be true.

So, I was wondering if anyone on here has ordered on-line, were you happy with the service and any recommendations?

Cheers me dears!

Sponsored Links
If you know anyone with a Cost-co card try pricing them up there as ive saved with them in the past I also got a deal online with Event tyres (nationwide) and they come to you !

I need to buy a couple of tyres for my CRV and have been looking into buying them online. Thick-Fit quoted me £70 each for the budget version but on line I have seen the real thing (Bridgestone) for almost the same price. All sounds good and I was just about to order then got cold feet - seems too good to be true.

So, I was wondering if anyone on here has ordered on-line, were you happy with the service and any recommendations?

Cheers me dears!

For a start thick fit are dick turpins in boiler suits,,,,,avoid,avoid,avoid.....who are the company?? as alot of them do online and use ebay also,look at the company on ebay and see their feedback .....but like you I would be a bit nervy

The flashing advert at the top of this site is now advertising "Tyres on the drive.com" !! coincidence prehaps ;) think not lol

Sponsored Links
Tyre shopper, used them a few times, buy your tyres, they then get sent to a fitting centre of your choice but national tyres is the preferred centre as I believe they own tyre shopper.

I have used Tyremen for my Winter tyres with no problem at all

Yep, quite agree, that's the way to do it. Get a decent branded tyre and save a bunch of money. Costs around ten quid each to get fitted round here. I doubt you will get counterfeit tyres like you do watches.

I have recently used "blackcircles.com" and had no problems.

You go to their site and input the tyre size that your looking for or enter your registration number and it will automatically pick the standard tyres for that vehicle.
Select tyres fitted or just to supply.
Enter your postcode
Then let the site search for your tyres and prices.

You'll be presented with a range of options which you can filter or just browse through them all.
Pick your tyres and put them into your basket.

When you go to your basket and assuming that you've picked fully fitted, you will be presented with a list of fitting centres near you and available dates, a.m. or p.m. fitting times.

You take your pick on your favourite one.

You'll then be asked to enter your details, and payment details. Usual payment options, credit card etc, and including Paypal.

Once paid you'll recieve a confirmation email.
You'll also get a mail so that you can access "your account" with them.

When you get closer to your chosen fitting day, approx. 24-48 hours according to the site, you'll get a mail with the details again and it will also include a time.
So although you specified a.m. or p.m. the garage have booked you in for a specific time. I don't know if thats a god thing or bad thing but that's how they done it with me.
In the mail they state -"In some cases a fitting time has been allocated to you"
If the time wasn't suitable I would guess you could be able to alter it, perhaps direct with the garage (?)

In my case the mail arrived about 5 days before my planned fitting day, with an acceptable time, had asked for a.m. and got 11:00 timing, so no worries.
It was just a small independant garage I picked so they would not have the manpower/machinery available if everyone turned up at the same time.
I left the car with them for just over an hour (I'm just around the corner from them), went back and collected with no problems, ready and waiting for me.

The price I paid on the site included almost everything and didn't have to pay anything to the garage. The usual stuff, tyre disposal, valve, balance.
I said almost everything.....they do state that the fitted price is for standard valves (for instance), if you've got a metal valve body and wish it replaced then that could be extra.

My experience with blackcircles has been positive so would recommend them.

I have used black circles, my tyres, and camskills all to good effect depending on whos cheapest, although last time my local backyard tyre place could get them even cheaper.

You can normally get the either delivered to your house tyres only, or to a garage with fitting included. Budget £20-30 per pair for fitting. (I know places that will do it for £7.50 a tyre, but these are rair, ask around)

Daniel

Sponsored Links
Back