Buying tyres online

Sponsored Links
I just go the my local National Tyres, and they always match a price I can get from anywhere else or will go as near as damn it

Over the years, I've never seen an online price any better than what is available locally

The flashing advert at the top of this site is now advertising "Tyres on the drive.com" !! coincidence prehaps ;) think not lol

Strangely, Mrs Secure now needs some rubber for her FR-V.

Tyres On The Drive are the cheapest, at 72.74 (for 4) a corner fully fitted, for the AE test winner.

Anybody used TOTD?

The next cheapest AFAICT, is Halfords, at 80.80.

For anybody browsing this in the near future, love tyres are good price-wise.

However, Kwik Fit (although slagged off by many) have got the tyres we want at a sub £80 price each, fully fitted.

You need to order on line & book an appointment, but the prices are a good reduction from the walk-in price (£106 in our case)

Sponsored Links
I have used Tyremen for my Winter tyres with no problem at all

winter tyres?? blimey i change my tyres when theres no tread left on 'em. That said I drive a rear wheel drive car, which is worse than useless in the snow.

Just as a follow-up, I ended up going to a local tyre place that someone recommended to me and they were only £5.00 per tyre more expensive than online. Fitted the tyres plus the usual swapping around in about ten minutes.

That's exactly what I thought. Do people actually change their tyres for the winter?
Depends.
- Ive just come back from northen finland and they done bother changing to summer tyres...

I put all-weathers (Quatrac 3's fwiw) on the front of my car lasty winter which made a substatial diffrence once the temps got below 5ish and when on snow.

Daniel

I just go the my local National Tyres, and they always match a price I can get from anywhere else or will go as near as damn it

Over the years, I've never seen an online price any better than what is available locally
I Use National Tyres. Gone to same place for years now. Always get a good price, good service and don't get fleeced for work that doesn't need doing.

I have used Tyremen for my Winter tyres with no problem at all

winter tyres?? blimey i change my tyres when theres no tread left on 'em. That said I drive a rear wheel drive car, which is worse than useless in the snow.

That's exactly what I thought. Do people actually change their tyres for the winter?

Yep, I have a set of Vresestein Winter tyres on a spare set of steel rims for the Van stored in my shed, they'll be going on soon. The car is rear wheel drive and so stays on the drive in snow but I tend to use the Jeep in the Winter

If you live Winchester way, Micheldever Tyres are very good.

we visited Winchester a couple of weeks ago and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Sponsored Links
Back