Buying tyres online

Hope you got fresh tyres while you were there!

Well, it's time for fresh rubber again on Mrs Secure's motor, this time on the front. Will go for Goodyear Efficient Grip again, but this time they have a Performance variant which according to the new white-goods type labels has a better rating.

This time Kwik Fit can comfortably beat TOTD hands down (if you pre book on line, NOT drop in). Their price for 205/ 55 R16 91V is £70.40 a corner.

Mileage on the 59'er is late 40's. She's about a third of the way through her second set on the rear and just about to get the third set on the front. A bit heavy, I think, but then I think modern tyres are a less hard-wearing compound.

Or maybe 30 years ago when I started driving, we took the tyres to the bare canvas before changing them!

Sponsored Links
In Bristol we have Ablefit, for price i don't think they can be beat for car tyres, for motorbike tyres then it has to be Protyre..

If you should venture into a Quick Fit or similar DO NOT let them talk you into a new exhaust or brakes or any other scheme they have of fleecing you out of your hard earned bread..

I strongly suggest that before anyone ventures anywhere near KwikFit, they have a good look at the reviews.

Sponsored Links
If we'd known that, we'd have dropped in!

Drove past Bristol on Sunday...

Back