C et Maury Calydra Comfort 100 digital clock instructions???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Was called out to a Chaffoteaux et Maury Calydra Comfort 100 today which has heat working but no DHW. I took the MI,s with me but when i got there the clock is a digital one and not mechanical as per the MI,s.

Anyway i couldn't even work out how to get the heat on so i had to make my excuses and leave. Would any of you have operating instructions for the digital clock on these?

By the way is there any common faults with these that would lead to no DHW.

Looking forward to another week of finding my feet!!!!!

Grill

Sponsored Links
Chaff calydra YUK.

Dhw flow switch...i think they are the same type as on a Britony.

Hi Scatmanjohn,

What exactly do you mean by "Chaff calydra YUK."

Is the flow switch a common fault then. Im reading through the manual here and it telling me that there is a series of flashing lights for faults.

Are these boilers easy to work on????

Cheers

Grill

What exactly do you mean by "Chaff calydra YUK."

It means that i'm not a fan of said boiler ;)

Is the flow switch a common fault then. Im reading through the manual here and it telling me that there is a series of flashing lights for faults

I don't know if its commom but i have had a couple.
It won't show any faults if its the DHW flow switch, if you run the tap and nothing at all happens then that is your first port of call ;)

Are these boilers easy to work on

Depends what you call easy. If its the flow switch then that is very easy.

Sponsored Links
Ah ha i see what you mean now!!!!!

If it is the switch then how do you go about changing it?? In the MIs it just says "Disconnect electrical connection, undo clip and remove microswitch".

Doesnt say anything about draining down the DHW circuit!!! Is it possible to have a dry flow switch!!!!!

Yeah when i put on the hot water tap it wasnt doing anything!!!! Ill test the switch and take it from there.

Grill

grill said:
Ah ha i see what you mean now!!!!!

If it is the switch then how do you go about changing it?? In the MIs it just says "Disconnect electrical connection, undo clip and remove microswitch".

Doesnt say anything about draining down the DHW circuit!!! Is it possible to have a dry flow switch!!!!!

Yeah when i put on the hot water tap it wasnt doing anything!!!! Ill test the switch and take it from there.

Grill

Are we on the same boiler here?

My instructions don't say that.

The dhw flow switch unscrews from the plastic housing after you have drain the dhw side of course ;)

Hi ya,

Im looking at the MIs for the Calydra Comfort and on the instructions for changing the DHW flow switch it says

DHW Flow Switch - Disconnect the electrical connections, undo the securing clip, and remove the micro switch reassemble in reverse order

That is our of the Maintenace and service guise off the website??

Have you got a different set?? Could you email me them?/ Yours sound more realistic!!!!

Grill

grill, look at the top left of the page. it says boiler must be drained before removing any part in the water ways.....e.g your flow switch!

Ah right thats makes sense then. I was wondering about that!!!!!

Have any of you guys got any idea about this digital clock???

Grill

Hi again guys,

Went back to this boiler again tonight to check the DHW flow switch and found that i was getting no lights at all on the front panel!!!!

I checked i had 240 V in okay and checked the two fuses on the board which were both fine. I then checked to see was i getting 240 V to digital clock and i wasn't. This is now leading me to believe that i have a PCB problem??? The only niggle is that there was still a display on the clock. How would this be powered??

And in the mist of all this new development i forget to check the blooming flow switch.

Am i barking up the wrong tree here??

As ever any advice will be rewarded with many pints of poitin when you come to Belfast!!!!!

Grill

Any gas guys out there to help me this evening???

grill

On your first post you said they had heating but no hot water.

Then still in the first post you said you could not work out how to get the heating on?

I'm a bit confused

So am i big man. When i went there first i had lights on the dash and now i have nothing!!!!

Grill

Update gentlemen,

Went back to the job tonight armed with a new PCB. The discovered that the 230 V terminal wasn't plugged into the existing board and hence the lights came on on the dash.

Still no heat or hot water. So i checked both flow switch (had to screw them out as there was bugger all room to test them) and they were fine. tested the overheat stat and it was fine. Then discovered i wasn't getting 240 V up to the fan. So i stuck in the new board and hey presto away we went. Heat and hot water. I was delighted. I am finally getting the hang of fault finding logic!!!

However it was short lived. The heat only stayed on for a short while and the temp rose rapidly. I tested the pipe past the diverter valve and no water is getting through the valve!!! Its stuck in DHW mode.

couldn't work out how to pull the motor off to test if the pin was moving in and out. On the assumption the motor is okay would it be possible to have a fault on a new board not sending the signal or is that just paranoia??

As usual any thoughts would be gratefully received

Grill

P.S. I made sure both isolation valves were open as well!!! made that mistake on the last one.

If this is the diverter valve at the back left hand corner then they're prone to sticking in HW position. A gentle tap may get it going again. You DO NOT want to have to change it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back