C Size batteries what voltage are they

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just bought a wireless Driveway Patrol alert. (an alarm thing).
It requires 3 x C batteries or a 6v dc supply, so I am assuming these batteries are 2v.
It says will work on 6v dc pwr supply, but does not state current capacity.
The power supply I am looking for will be female plug with centre +.
If anyone has any links.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
YES.l I can work it out
Rather than try to be a smart xxxx

Is 500ma @ 6v sufficient

That's the maximum it can supply.

I would think it's fine but you said you couldn't find the current requirement.

From Amazon "uncommon "C" cell batteries". They're having a giraffe aint they????

Is 500ma @ 6v sufficient
crystalBall1.jpg

bas, so what does the ball tell you.
All the socket says' is 6v, I am asking will 3 x C size batteries supply about 500mA or can they supply a lot more?. If they can supply a lot more then 500mA will not do.
There are lots of clever people that would know what the C battery is designed to supply.
So thats what I am looking for.

There are lots of clever people that would know what the C battery is designed to supply.
Depending on the type of C size battery the maximum current can be as high as 2 amps. Life will be short and the battery may get hot.

But if your choice of power supply can supply up to 100 mA at 6 volts then it should be suitable. Some power supplies have a minimum load current and taking less than that minimum current can result in un-stable operation of the power supply with it's output voltage going out of specification.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back