C2s on EICR for victorian House

Mostly Agree.... The smoke alarms cannot be coded, they could be included as a non-coded comment where appropriate ...
Sure, as you will realise, we are essentially agreed on that.
The sockets installed close to the counter so you cant get a plug in without difficultly, I would say it is a BS7671, the socket is installed in a such a way damage may be caused over time to flexes of appliances, I would have said a C3 is appropiate here
I must admit that, despite the title of the thread and the implication of the OP, this was only given a C3 - and that might be reasonable if the situation were as you describe ("you cant get a plug in without difficultly"),although I think it would to some extent 'scraping the BS7671 barrel'. However, I must say that I took the comment in the EICR, namely ...

upload_2021-11-13_19-7-25.png

.... to mean that one could not get plugs into the sockets at all - which, if the case, I would say would not deserve even a C3, would it?

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
I would have thought that if the edge of the plate was level with the surface below then you'd be able to plug most re-wireable plugs in except ones with a very thick flex attached*, but it would cause it to be bent tightly outwards in a tight bend. If the surface overlapped the edge of the socket so that you couldn't get a plug in at all, then you'd probably not be able to remove the socket from the wall if required, meaning the screwed connections are inaccessible

Unless I'm picturing this very different to how you are!

*Moulded plugs, with a moulded cord grip would likely not plug in

Sponsored Links
I would have thought that if the edge of the plate was level with the surface below then you'd be able to plug most re-wireable plugs in except ones with a very thick flex attached*, but it would cause it to be bent tightly outwards in a tight bend. If the surface overlapped the edge of the socket so that you couldn't get a plug in at all, then you'd probably not be able to remove the socket from the wall if required, meaning the screwed connections are inaccessible ... Unless I'm picturing this very different to how you are!
Your guess as regards the actual situation is obviously as good as mine

As I said, I was (perhaps unwisely) taking literally what the EICR said - i.e "... Unable to plug into 2x sockets ...". However, as you imply, they may have meant something slightly different from what they wrote/typed.

Kind Regards, John

Pretty sure I read somewhere that a rear cable entry on BS1363 plugs was non compliant.
I have a similar recollection, but things like this (from TLC website) claim to be BS1363-compliant ...

upload_2021-11-14_0-37-8.png

Attachments

• upload_2021-11-14_0-36-18.png
    upload_2021-11-14_0-36-18.png
    48.7 KB · Views: 43

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back