C4 piccaso urgent help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my daughter has a C4 grand Picasso 08 reg and she is haveing trouble starting it after she goes out to the shops . we called out the AA man and he said it was a glitch or is this another word for i don't know, as it started when he came out he said it was showing low voltage but of course it will silly i tried to start it for the last hour she came to my house and it wont start again now i put my diagnostic on it and it said no faults i undid a few injector pipes but no diesel showing as we turn it over any help very appreciated bazz

Sponsored Links
The pump is integral with the sender unit and you have to buy both as one unit.
Try listening for the pump running in the tank when the ignition is switched on, it should run for a few seconds to pressurise the line up to the HP pump.
You should be getting a fault of "low fuel pressure in fuel rail". If you don't hear the pump running check the power to the pump, if you have power then you will need to drop the tank and change the pump/sender unit.

;)

Sponsored Links
thanks for your help i have tried the pump and it does seem to preasurise
ok and then i tried it again and the car did not start but the pump preasurised OK so i took the key out and turned it over and put the key back in and it started OK same on both keys ??????????????????the AA man said the fault code that came up was p1586 i cant find that on my diagnostic info

P1586 = Throttle control unit Throttle position malfunction
This unit is attached directly to your throttle pedal in the footwell.

;)

thanks for all your help everybody took the peddle connector wiring plug off and cleaned it and put electric cleaner on and up to now seems to be ok
thanks again all regards bazzzz

just an update after cleaning the wiring plug and putting back guess what no problems up to now thanks all bazz

car broke down again AA man came out and said the fuel pump was at fault but the fault code reads 1586 throttle pedal where do i go from here help again bazz

Did he actually check the pump or just pull the comment out of the air? Have you fuel pressure in the pipe coming from the tank when you turn the ignition on?

have you joined/asked in the picasso forum(link in my previous post),no disrespect but try asking in there as they are the guys who drive these cars and no doubt will have come across this problem before?.
it may be something thats so simple that the aa wont have a clue about it.

i know on ford galaxys the brake switch causes no end of trouble and throws up all sorts of codes that makes owners go down the completely wrong route that can end up costing them a fortune for something that costs less then a tenner.

Sponsored Links
Back