Cable for Cooker and Hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hey all, what size cable do I need to go from the actual cooker and hob to the wall socket. The wall socket is already fitted with 10mm from the CU to Switch to socket. but I'm thinking I probably need a more flexible cable (and heat proof?) for the last bit?

cheers

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Your question is a bit like asking "what size tyre do I need for a car"

What make and model of each appliance would be a great help, and what power rating are they.

And as stillp said
What do the manufacturer's instructions recommend?
appliances come with a handy thing called Installation Instructions. It written in there.

ok I have looked up the manuals and I feel foolish now for posting here.

The oven (LOGIK - LBMFMX15) states:
For this connection a power with a minimum specification of H05VV-F (PVC insulated and sheathed)
3 x 1.5mm 2 should be used.

the hob (LOGIK - LINDHOB15) a little more complex as it has two Live and two Neutral ports, and states two cable sizes?:
3 × 6 mm2 / 3 × 2.5mm2
For these connections a power lead of wire type HO5V2V2-F should be used.

nothing from what I can tell. its just a bullet point next to a not very helpful diagram

for those interested page 21 on the lmanual

Certainly not very helpful, I agree.
I would guess that the 6mm² is the maximum capacity of the terminals and the 2.5mm² the minimum recommended CSA, but 2.5 is only just sufficient.
4mm² would be better.
Try a proper electrical wholesaler if Screwfix don't have any.

cool I'll go with 4mm for the hob they have it at TLC. I'll use 2.5mm for the oven.

cheers all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back