Cable Inside Outside Wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am putting some cable in for some lights that will be inset in an outside wall. I have an electrician that I use but the wall is being built before he starts and he is away. Can 2.5 T&E be used inside the wall running at the bottom? Should it be in conduit? Also the cable will then emerge at one end and go underground across a gap (drive way) to another section of the wall.

Any help appreciated.

Barnman

Sponsored Links
I am putting some cable in for some lights that will be inset in an outside wall. I have an electrician that I use but the wall is being built before he starts and he is away.
Why do so many people here have electricians who are always away when needed?

If you're expecting him to certify the work then you'll either have to postpone having the wall built until after he returns, or you'll need to find an electrician who is not away.

T&E is not suitable for burial, so to avoid unnecessary joints don't use it anywhere. Hopefully you have chosen lights which can accommodate two SWA glands, one incoming, the other outgoing?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back