Cable path

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
In ann likelihood, yes, it's going to be permissible in the scenario you describe as long as the cable stays within 150mm of the ceiling. That doesn't negate any of the other requirements such as RCD protection for concealed cables etc.

How does the cable currently get between the two sockets? You cant just randomly connect two sockets to a new one. What route does it currently take?

How does the cable currently get between the two sockets? You cant just randomly connect two sockets to a new one.
Of course I have to find two right sockets, disconnect and extend cable to another socket, as you see on my drawing.

What route does it currently take?
dont know yet, but probably under floor

I need extend main ring, and it is not reasonable to put cable on ceiling or under floor, because of cost too high
Too high compared to chasing the walls from floor to ceiling in 3 places, and half-way around the room horizontally at ceiling level, and then a sh**-load of making good?

Of course I have to find two right sockets,
How will you do that?

How about making two radials to the left and right of the room?

I don’t want to interfere too much in installation, I thought about spur but it has to be too long (about 7 meters)

Run 1 x cable as a direct spur, where have you got the 'imaginary' distance limitation for a spur from ?

Would you eloborate as to why you can't go sub floor in the void- is the floor a solid wood or tile based item ?

Whats on the other side of the wall to the intended new socket ? It might be feasable to pick up from a socket outside the room or even pick up one of THE feeder cables that goes in to the room and makes up the ring.

If so you could cut, crimp the cable and extend the ring outside the room and chase in the 2 x new TE cables to the new socket position.

:D

in my opinion to put cable under the floor could be too expensive because there is a carpet fixed to the floor.
Spur could be reasonable.
Can i feed socket from main ring which is outside the room??

Can i feed socket from main ring which is outside the room??
If both rooms are on the same ring final circuit then I would have thought that there should be no problem with this.

Even if they weren't, I don't think it's really a problem, although a warning notice at the CU would be an idea in this case.

banburyman";p="1463774 said:
in my opinion to put cable under the floor could be too expensive because there is a carpet fixed to the floor.

Excuse me to but in but I thought carpets were able to be lifted and rooled back.....
....then again I have just spotted I have car pets too...maybe I'm stuck then

Ha! :!: Consider yourself lucky. It couldn't get a lot easier for you, and if you would sooner chase out all of your walls than remove a carpet and some floorboard, I think you must be absolutely mad. It's tiles and laminate flooring you should be worried about.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back