cable rating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm wiring up a power shower(not heater) and would like to know what amperage cable to use. Unit says Rated: 120w @ 230v..

Any help would be most appreciated..

Thanks
Anisalfa

Sponsored Links
stick a fcu with dp switch on the ring or on a 2.5mm spur from the ring (outside the bathroom) fit a 3A fuse in the FCU

from here run with 1.0mm twin and earth cable to a junction box near the pump (which should be concealed for example behind a screwed on bath pannel)

if the unit comes with a flex connect it here
if the unit does not come with a flex use 1.0mm flex for the final run into the unit

Is it necessary to have the FCU outside the bathroom? Zone 3 is sufficient surely.

Otherwise every electric towel rail or quartz heater in the country is against regs!

Note what Plug says about the bath panel being screwed on. If you can remove it without tools then you can't use a standard junction box behind there.

Sponsored Links
i think zone 3 is ok but its still something i would avoid if possible

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back