Cable Trays - a novel idea but where can I buy it ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
perforirani-kabelski-kanali-velika.jpg

I want to use industrial cable tray as shelving for my ridiculously over-sized CD collection - I've worked in record shops most of my life and am a DJ and have a massive problem housing the bloody things.

The images above should show you what I'm on about if you don't know ...

I actually went to BnQ this morning but couldn't find any there and it's taken me half an hour to find out what it is on the net too :evil:

So ... where can I get some ?
I understand it usually comes in lengths of 3m and I'm looking for 150mm width and probably 7 or 8 of these should be enough to hold ALL my CDs ...

Any ideas? I've tried Homebase, Wickes and BnQ websites and shops and even had a look on Travis Perkins but am drawing a blank so far.

The stuff is everywhere I look ! They even had it installed in the BnQ warehouse this morning but everytime I looked for someone who might know what I was on about all I saw were spotty youths ... any ideas??

It's driving me mad ... :cry:

Sponsored Links
the one place you didn't try, electrical wholesaler, and it really is called cable tray.

or for on line try this forums favorite TLC

Sponsored Links
rigger - any decent electrical supplier (factor). Expect to pay about £10 for a 3m length of 150mm light duty (CD size) or a fraction more for medium duty; obviously cheaper if you buy multiples. Also available are wire basket trays (3m lengths) @ about £16 for 150mm each.

nice one, fellas - thanks a lot for the advice.

I like the sound of the wire basket idea. I've just measured it all out and found I need 5 of them, and most places I looked at since do a deal on 5

Now I wonder if I can blag a delivery out of them too ...
:cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back