Cables in kitchens

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Do you have to chase cables into the plaster, if the cable is to run underneath a kitchen worktop?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thanks. Having followed advice from my local merchant, using shielding when I've chased cables , I think my mind developed the idea into assuming that you have to bury cables anyway.

Thanks for sorting out my confused mind. :D ;)

metal shielding to prevent drilling into cables......

mark312 said:
metal shielding to prevent drilling into cables......

The only difference between metal and plastic capping is that plastic is easier to cut to length!
Both can be drilled through without problem.

It saved me a lot of work today. Heard that oh-so-familiar tapping noise, and managed to stop just in time :eek:

RF Lighting said:
It saved me a lot of work today. Heard that oh-so-familiar tapping noise, and managed to stop just in time :eek:

I had that when I was contracting, you are wary so are putting little pressure on the drill - it doesn't feel right and you shine a torch down the hole and you can see the shiny drill mark on the galv sheathing.
Bit of a bugger if it's plastic though :(

you forget, we are expecting the unexpected, joe public will just push a bit harder on the drill

breezer said:
you forget, we are expecting the unexpected, joe public will just push a bit harder on the drill

That's right - I wasn't saying it won't stop a drill but just saying it helped me out because I knew what to expect.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back