Cabling through metal stud wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm wondering if any one has any advice. Basically I am wiring my new build house for TV and Satellite (CAT6A and Coax cable) and have successfully gained access from a downstairs cupboard to the second floor (just under a metal stud partition) and from the loft to the second floor (down in the same metal stud partition).

However the problem I face is that it seems as through the metal stud partition does not meet the floor as when I look under the floor board there is no entry to the above wall and looking in the stud wall it seems to finish about 2 inches from the floor (just above the skirting).

Therefore I have about 2 inches of blockage between getting the cables accessed :(

My only thoughts at the moment is try using a flexible drill shaft to drill up into the wall and hopefully through to the stud wall (can this be done) or just use ducting to come out from the wall and into the floor (I hate this idea).

Cheers for any advice,

Gary

Sponsored Links
personally I'd remove the skirting sort things out behind it and then put it back.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back