Calais port and strike

You can go on about waiting lists all you like, but remember that a large number of NHS staff are not indigenous.

And neither will your entire family line be.

Sponsored Links
You can go on about waiting lists all you like, but remember that a large number of NHS staff are not indigenous.

And neither will your entire family line be.
The ones that are here can stay, provided they are useful members of society. I have no dislike of non-indigenous people so long as they contribute, but those who are queueing up at Calais are only coming here for what they can take and have nothing to offer to our benefit.

My entire family line stops here. We have no children.

How do you know?
How are they different to the millions that have come to our shores in the past? Where does one draw the line?

The difference is that they are coming here in droves. Who are they? Any brain surgeons or nuclear scientists? I'm sure they'd be welcomed. The ones I refer to are undoubtedly ones who will either work for peanuts or, more likely, join the black economy or take full advantage of our generous benefits system.

I was referring to your past family lines.

My father's grandmother was Irish. I have no problem with that. Before that generation, the only immigrants to this country were either considered to be potentially useful to our society or they were not allowed in.
If we go back further, we come to invaders and settlers who arrived here and stayed due to their conquering the indigenous tribes. They have been part of our society for centuries and I consider them to be my forebears. I suppose some Welsh and Cornish people might consider them (us) as undesirable immigrants!

Sponsored Links
She is; but not for economic reasons. In fact we would both be much better off in her homeland. And also, I should point out I am far from a lefty liberal. I agree there needs to be measures and controls. But to arbitrarily declare that everyone in Calais should be shipped back to whence they came is immoral.

Mind you - the flaming Frogs should have let most of them get as far as Calais anyway which makes most of their bleating about the UK not taking responsibility a bit of a moot point.

Well you should have declared your bias in advance then. If she didn't come for economic reason - then why did she come? To seek asylum?

But to arbitrarily declare that everyone in Calais should be shipped back to whence they came is immoral.

Excluding legitimate residents of Calais why? I can't see what use they are to anyone. I don't want fookin loons from somalia, libya and god knows where coming here. They've fooked up their own countries already. Why let them ruin ours any more than it has been already?

Don't see why it should make me biased? If anything, as a plumber/heating engineer you might think I would be more in line with JBR.

However, as if by divine intervention, a Hurricane has just been buzzing our roof tops and giving a display that reminds one of the greatness of our nation and the men and women who fought for the freedoms many of these poor fookers are coming for.

How many came to UK for safety in WWII? Or indeed other conflicts? Did we stand on the Seven Sisters or Dover with Pikes shouting at the boats for people to declare their worth to us before they were allowed to Land?

Perhaps the indigenous population lined the banks of the Thames estuary with multiple choice questions for the Huguenots when they were legging it from the French Catholics.

But to arbitrarily declare that everyone in Calais should be shipped back to whence they came is immoral.

Excluding legitimate residents of Calais why? I can't see what use they are to anyone. I don't want fookin loons from somalia, libya and god knows where coming here. They've fooked up their own countries already. Why let them ruin ours any more than it has been already?

And how do you know they're all loonies? How do you know THEY made a mess of their country? Did we - wih the help of the Dutch and a few others - not screw up most of Africa for them first?

Try reading this: https://books.google.co.uk/books/about/Things_Fall_Apart.html?id=CGaDj8r13WcC&source=kp_cover&hl=en.

Very interesting and sad book.

Next we'll be hearing how overcrowded this country is. :rolleyes:

IF they are fleeing their own homelands for the safety of a 'civilised' nation and truly seeking refuge then why have many of them already passed through several 'safe' European countries to reach the northern tip of France? Are you saying they would be safer here than in e.g. France, Germany, Italy...

If you ARE saying that then please explain why.

Yes but why did your wife come here Dan? Is it a secret?

However, as if by divine intervention, a Hurricane has just been buzzing our roof tops and giving a display that reminds one of the greatness of our nation and the men and women who fought for the freedoms many of these poor fookers are coming for.

My uncle died in a Lancaster at Peenemunde. My dad was MIA twice in WW2. They were fighting to keep people out. People who were looking to take from us, not give.

Sponsored Links
Back