Calais port and strike

Can we not swap some of them for the jeremy kyle brigade ?

Sponsored Links
But to arbitrarily declare that everyone in Calais should be shipped back to whence they came is immoral.

Excluding legitimate residents of Calais why? I can't see what use they are to anyone. I don't want fookin loons from somalia, libya and god knows where coming here. They've fooked up their own countries already. Why let them ruin ours any more than it has been already?

And how do you know they're all loonies? How do you know THEY made a mess of their country? Did we - wih the help of the Dutch and a few others - not screw up most of Africa for them first?

Try reading this: https://books.google.co.uk/books/about/Things_Fall_Apart.html?id=CGaDj8r13WcC&source=kp_cover&hl=en.

Very interesting and sad book.

Next we'll be hearing how overcrowded this country is. :rolleyes:

The ones reported on the news are aggressive, violent and far from law abiding. It's on film. Their countries are ****eholes now. Not 100, 200 years or more ago, now. AFAIK the dutch chuffed up mainly southern Africa not Libya. As for overcrowded, Libya is a bout 7 times bigger than the UK but has a population of 10% of ours or less. So we are well overcrowded compared to Libya. Surprised we're not all fighting to go over to live with all the nice people.

You can go on about waiting lists all you like, but remember that a large number of NHS staff are not indigenous.

And neither will your entire family line be.
The ones that are here can stay, provided they are useful members of society. I have no dislike of non-indigenous people so long as they contribute, but those who are queueing up at Calais are only coming here for what they can take and have nothing to offer to our benefit.

My entire family line stops here. We have no children.
the ones at calais will get nothing out off the system if they get here unless they claim political asylum or have children with them

Can we not swap some of them for the jeremy kyle brigade ?

Why? Fat, inactive chavs are much less dangerous than suicidal bomb merchants who think beheading people is normal behaviour.
Before you disagree take a look at what goes in in Libya and surrounding areas. Seriously, the Chawners are the least of our worries.

Sponsored Links
the ones at calais will get nothing out off the system if they get here unless they claim political asylum or have children with them

But the truth of the matter is that many of them will claim asylum. Whilst the decision is being made (which can take months) they are given temporary leave to remain. Whilst they are not permitted to work, they are entitled to be housed by The UKBA and given an allowance for food etc. (usually by means of a card system) They are also entitled to NHS care including free eyecare, free prescriptions and free dental work.

Even when their initial request is refused, they have appeals procedures which elongates the process further. They are entitled to free legal aid to appeal their case.

I could go on but I won't...

...and then they work the black market jobs cash in hand. Apparently (according to some guy on the radio) there is a backlog of 100,000 cases.

But the truth of the matter is that many of them will claim asylum. Whilst the decision is being made (which can take months) they are given temporary leave to remain. Whilst they are not permitted to work, they are entitled to be housed by The UKBA and given an allowance for food etc. (usually by means of a card system) They are also entitled to NHS care including free eyecare, free prescriptions and free dental work.

Even when their initial request is refused, they have appeals procedures which elongates the process further. They are entitled to free legal aid to appeal their case.

I could go on but I won't...

Wasting your breath mate. The do gooders won't have a bad word said about these people that are apparently a right royal benefit to taxpayers. Mind boggling.

If they don't get handouts, you can be sure that they'll make a living some other way: begging, shoplifting, burglary, etc. They seem to be quite good at breaking into the back of a lorry, so they obviously have the requisite skills to break into our homes.

...and then they work the black market jobs cash in hand. Apparently (according to some guy on the radio) there is a backlog of 100,000 cases.
also a lot off them disappear off the radar saving on housing and other costs

Having read through today's posts, I find myself making extensive use of the 'Like' button and, in so doing, have discovered that there is now also a 'Thanks' button.
Now everyone's happy! :LOL:

also a lot off them disappear off the radar saving on housing and other costs

Oh that's OK then. Best bring some more in. We could save even more. Hey let's let the whole of Africa move over, live "off the radar" and make this country truly great again. We could all reap the benefits then.

If they don't get handouts, you can be sure that they'll make a living some other way: begging, shoplifting, burglary, etc. They seem to be quite good at breaking into the back of a lorry, so they obviously have the requisite skills to break into our homes.

yes i am sure a lot off that happens

i am not taking sides just trying to put as near to the truth as i can find rather than regurgitated inaccuraces ;)

Having experience in this area, I can also tell you that there is a hidden cost running into millions by way of interpreters and translators. Every interaction, however small, necessitates one of these and is eventually costed to HM Government (and therefore we taxpayers)

I know several interpreters who are making a mint - especially those who speak the 'rarer' languages.

Sponsored Links
Back