Calling All Gutter Experts! Osma

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to replace an Osma round running outlet and internal stop end whish is broken. This is the original guttering on the house, and about 25 years old. It took me a while to track down what I thought was the correct part, but it isn't.

The 1st pic shows the original piece on the left and my replacement part on the right. The replacement part is all in 1 piece(pic 2) The original piece has an 'extension' on it (pic 3) which clicks into place. The new piece doesn't have any such extension as it's all in one, which would be fine if it was the same length as the original piece (including the extension) but it isn't. There's about a 2cm difference. Is the part I need obsolete or can I get a 2cm extension for my new piece?

Sponsored Links
You'll need a short section of downpipe and a pipe connector to join to existing downpipe, unless you can pull the entire existing downpipe upwards a couple of cm.

Can you get a pipe connector for such a short extension? I only need a couple of cm more. Am I unlikely to get a running outlet exactly the same as the original?

Sponsored Links
Might get away with fitting a pipe connector lower down which may give you the 2cm you need. For whatever reason Osma seem have modified the dimensions of that part, but IIRC all manufacturers half round systems should be compatible, so may be possible to get a running outlet from a different manufacturer that fits your requirement. Can only suggest you take the old part along to compare.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back