Cameron's alcohol tax...

I

imamartian

what do people think? money making or massively beneficial to the health of the nation?

my feeling is that Cameron doesn't understand alcohol or the users of... those that don't need it and drink socially will cut back, but that's small fry... there are millions of alcoholics in this country, and not just your lower eschelons of society... many people rely on alcohol each and every day....

these people won't be able to cut back on their intake even if it does go up 40%.... what narrow minded politics !!!

It'll increase poverty, increase crime and increase home creation of alcohol.

So this new law will help 5% of drinkers, and push the other 95% further under !! great :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Nope.
And its always the first to get taxed, then petrol and fags.

Sponsored Links
I don't think there's millions of alcoholics.

Well, an alternative way of looking at it.. Cameron introduces a minimum price of 40p per unit of alcohol. The average pint of beer contains 2.5 - 3 units of alcohol, therefore the price should be around £1 - £1.20p a pint. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Happy days are here again and local pubs will be re-opening instead of closing. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Of course we all know this doesn't happen in the real world. Coors have recently announced that they are increasing the price of their beers by an average 10p per pint from January 2012, due to an increase in the cost of hops and barley. We all know that by the time we buy it over the bar at our local, this will be an increase to us punters of around 15p-20p. Come the middle of March and guess what?? We have the budget,,,,,,, beer prices will increase yet again.
Time to start stocking up on alcohol me thinks. ;) ;) ;)

truth be known, we are the only source of income for this government... they use experts to find ways of sucking money away from us.... and as a consequence, the companies they also suck from pay us our wages.... so they cut back.... guess what? we all die a financial death....

How much do you earn a week?
Sounds like you need a paycut if you can afford to be an alcoholic!

How much do you earn a week?
Sounds like you need a paycut if you can afford to be an alcoholic!

if that was aimed at me, then i can't and i'm not !

but there are a lot of alcohol reliant people in this country !!!!

truth be known, we are the only source of income for this government

Your're an alcoholic are you not?

Who is "we"?

no.. Norcon, we are the only source of income for the gorvernment as working people.... so you earn, you start to pay... income tax, fuel duty, Vat, tv licence etc etc etc

Why are you so keen to get a dig in about me being alcoholic? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

oh and you're is spelt you're... not your're !! :rolleyes:

Usual tat, pulling spelling.

You can never take a beating can you :p

lol what beating? the one that said "your're an alcoholic aren't you?"

classic internet forum posting.... whereas i'd like to discuss Cameron's new initiative if that's okay with everyone on this thread? :rolleyes:

Norcon, we are the only source of income for the gorvernment as working people

What do you work at?

OOh and the spelling was a typo mr perfect.

Sponsored Links
Back