Can anybody help, whats up with this boiler please

Sponsored Links
So today i replaced the leaking valve next to the pump and did the other one too as it was off, replaced a rad valve, checked the 3 way valve, aok.
The pump works great. dam pilot wont start now, the spark is week so got to replace the piezo device.

Sponsored Links
That noise is caused by either the pump not working or the thermostat allowing the water to get too hot.

The pump on these are controlled from a pump over run stat on the boiler and its a common fault that they play up, especially from cold .
The boiler will bang and thump till the stat senses temp within the boiler case and switches over giving power to the pump.
They will sometimes drop out during normal use and cut power to pump.
When it does the noise check the pump for 240 if its not there you know stat is at fault.

Actual boiler stats are 2 seperate stat hi and lo not an expensive part if its one of those that have gone allowing it to get too hot

ok ive checked the pump, defo working, mesured the temp coming out of the boiler, gets to about 75c on low then cuts off.
I think the kettling is down to air that wont come up to a bleed point.
New problem thermo couple has gone as pilot is cutting out. once i get that sorted i will try again and get rid of any air.

pilot is cutting out cos its overheating, circulation problem as already said

As the ovewrheat stat has operated so many times you will probaly find that the pil;ot wont light cos the overheat stat has gone open circuit :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back