can anybody recomend a good damp proof cream,,,???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello,,,can anybody recommend a good damp proofing cream,,,ye know the type ye squirt in the holes with a mastic gun etc,,,???

Sponsored Links
just a bit rising damp mate on the wall between my and my neighbours terrace houses,,,its been damp coursed before in the past as the all the holes are there when I popped the skirting off and its been done a metre high in sand and cement,,,i was just gonna clean the holes out and squirt some cream in them,,,how could you cure it mate out of curiousity,,,???

Sponsored Links
Don't know if it helps, but if you can see the mortar line, you could use Dry Rods. They also make Dry Zone cream.

I've used the rods, but it's too early to comment, but so far, it looks likes it has worked.

for future reference,,,is it better to drill the holes in the mortar line or onto the bricks???,,,the holes I already have are in the bricks,,,two in each...

Not sure there is a better, the rods, flow through the mortar (allegedly) so you don't need to drill the brick.
Perhaps for ease, just re-inject the bricks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back