can anyone help me to wire a friedland doorbell .

OK, I missed that - you got me. I still maintain I wasn't attempting to get at you.

Sponsored Links
Now now girls! Calm down! Its all in the best possible taste.

I have to agree with some of the requests for more info though. IF this thing is just a doorbell, then there will be only two wires at the button and it doesn't matter which way round they go! Last time I checked, they didnt make 3 core, 8 core or 4 pair bell wire!

If however we are not just dealing with a door bell, we need a lot more info! I can't imagine why 3 wires would be present if it is just a bell push button!

CallEdsFirst said:
Now now girls! Calm down! Its all in the best possible taste.
Yeeees, it's lucky you nipped that one in the bud. All hell was about to break loose on that third day.

Third day? Are you referring to the 3 day delay between your faux argument and my defusing of the situation? In which case, I apologise for the unnecessary scouse intervention! I never look at post dates!

Sponsored Links
Lets give this poor guy some help!

As a start try the MK website they have loads of wiring diagrams and as Freidland are part of MK that should help.

I did think we'd gone off topic, but to be fair we are awaiting more info!

I just thought of a reason for more wires! Is the bell push lit???? Do I win a prize?

A lit push requires no further wiring. It takes its feed from the push wiring, rather like a locating neon does on a light switch.

Yes but I am trying to deduce why it "might" have extra wires! Perhaps an overly complex method to stop the little light dimming when the button was pressed and the bell rings?!?!?!

Could have two bell pushes, one for the front door and one for the back door. Front push makes "ding dong" back makes "dong", seen it before. Bell itself had three cables, one from each push and one from the transformer, this could be how this doorbell is wired but we need more info, a pic would be great.

All the best
Dan

Not that desperate by the looks of it.

In the absence of further info - how about

Option 1 - transformer output wire one to terminal T3 on the bell and output wire two to one side of the bell push; the other side of the bell push to terminal 0F on the bell.

Option 2 - transformer output wire one to terminal T3 on the bell and output wire two to terminal 1 on the bell; wire one from the bell push to terminal 0F on the bell and the other wire to terminal 1 on the bell.

Hope it helps.

my desperation was a little tongue in cheek, and to be fair I may be focusing on the bellPUSH a little too much, OP said doorbell, which i suppose could easily have three wires in it! Permanent Live, Switched Live and neutral, so to speak!

Friedland D780 Transformer for friedland Visio cam

2 wires in , 2 wires out.

Which 2 wires in go where, I.E. BROWN LEFT OR RIGHT?

2 WIRES OUT WITH BELL WIRE WHICH ONE GOES WHERE ON VISIO CAM?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back