Can anyone help with this query?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Myson combi system and we have had probelms in the past with the mechanism that seperates the water i think it is called the diverter? anyway it meant the heating was running at the same temp as the hot water so after several plumbers promised to turn up and repair it and didnt (!) ( i think it may have been an akward or too small a job for them!) we have managed to control it through the temp control on the hot water tank.

But now it has stopped working all together, the pilot light is lit, all the electrics seem OK but the system wont fire up up at all even if you move the control on the boiler, I am very confused and would appreciate any advice you kind people can offer!

many thanks, fingers crossed!

Cheers

Chris

:confused:

Sponsored Links
I have a Myson combi system ........ on the hot water tank.
If you have a hot water tank you probably don't have a combi. Might be better to tell us what boiler you have, and what controls (motorised valves) - make and model in each case if possible.

Hi Thanks for your speedy response! Unsure where to find the model numbers, I dont have a manual as the previous owner didnt hand it over! any advice?

:rolleyes:

Any chance of posting a picture of boiler and controls. Guys here will recognise those things in a blink.

Sponsored Links
To post a photo, put it in an envelope and stick a first class stamp amnd write the address on the front!

Hi chris

I have posted the images to the administrator as advised on the FAQ page, not sure how long this takes etc but I believe they post a link on this thread.

Thanks for all your help

Chris

p.s. Agile - very funny!

:D

Hi Again.

While I am waiting for my photos to appear! And I am still freezing here, I have copied down this from the inside of the front panel, dont know if it helps.....

Economist Wallmounted Boiler

WM15/30 Bfa, WM30/40 BF, WM40/50 BF

With pump overrun thermostat

Brrrrrr!!!!!!

Fingers crossed again!

:cry:

I don't think this boiler is a combi :rolleyes: The only combi myson made was a MIDAS (i think) yours is a low water content fully pumped boiler Which should have a motorised valve and room/cylinder stats ??? to control the temp and boiler

Well, we haven't got much information to go on at the moment. Assuming you don't have a combi, you probably have a motorised valve controlled by a programmer/timer via a cylinder stat and a room stat. A failure of the pump and boiler to operate might be due to a fault in the motorised valve.

However all that is conjecture, since we have little info to confirm even that the set up described above is the same as yours. Someone needs to carry out some electrical checks to see where the problem lies, at least using a mains testing screwdriver or multimeter. Can you do this?

ollski said:
Your forgetting the genesis
The Genesis was marketed under the Baxi name, although it was made by French company Chaffoteaux & Maury. Nothing to do with Myson.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back