Can anyone identify these hatchings?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello i'll attach a picture of some hatchings on a drawing I wonder if anyone can tell me what it is please?

Attachments

• hatchings.pdf
    247.2 KB · Views: 241
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thanks gents, I should explain this is from an architectural plan for an extension. Ive never seen it before. If it doesn't represent a material is it possible it's just there to look pretty? I know it's apparently not brick or block and I can't find timber hatchings on Google.

Last edited:
Thanks gents, I should explain this is from an architectural plan for an extension. Ive never seen it before. If it doesn't represent a material is it possible it's just there to look pretty? I know it's not brick or block and I can't find timber on Google.
Your plan drawer has been lazy and has not scaled his hatches, hence they are too tightly drawn.

One is supposed to be brick (although its a wrong hatch for brick), and the other darker one seems to be too - but whether that's supposed to represent new work or is just an even tighter hatch, who knows :rolleyes:

Your plan drawer has been lazy and has not scaled his hatches, hence they are too tightly drawn.

One is supposed to be brick (although its a wrong hatch for brick), and the other darker one seems to be too - but whether that's supposed to represent new work or is just an even tighter hatch, who knows :rolleyes:

Im glad you said that because I assumed it was a masonry wall as its similar to brick hatchings I know of and I asked for blockwork cavity walls. But the Archetectural technician who drew it wants another £200 to redraw it for Building control and make whatever other changes are needed. Like specify the Insulation etc I suppose. He reckons its a timber frame drawing. But its the same hatchings as hes drawn the existing brick and block house.
Am I being unreasonable in insisting he change it without extra charge?

For what purpose did you ask him to draw them in the first place?

If he has not drawn them to your requirements, or for the purpose you instructed him, then he needs to change them - and at no cost.

For what purpose did you ask him to draw them in the first place?

If he has not drawn them to your requirements, or for the purpose you instructed him, then he needs to change them - and at no cost.

A planning application and now building regs. He thinks that as the walls are 200mm and not 300mm I should have realised they were timber. I wasn't checking to see if one wall was a few mm thinner with a scale rule. Plus, this was the planning stage and he'd not followed the brief so there was a lot of other things to correct, I'd made it clear I wanted blockwork, there are other mistakes in his work, the hatchings were diagonal stripes and matched the house. If they are timber hatchings I wouldn't know them from Adam.

Seems like you hired an idiot.

But if the drawings were just for planning, then that implies that there will be more work and extra cost for drawings for building regs. If you agreed a cost for both, then that's a different matter.

The choice seems to be either you insist on they are rectified at no cost, and completed to an acceptable and accurate standard, or you kick him up the arse and find someone competent.

When I had a sore shoulder I explained to my doctor that I wanted knee pads

Last edited:
Seems like you hired an idiot.

But if the drawings were just for planning, then that implies that there will be more work and extra cost for drawings for building regs. If you agreed a cost for both, then that's a different matter.

The choice seems to be either you insist on they are rectified at no cost, and completed to an acceptable and accurate standard, or you kick him up the arse and find someone competent.

He was paid for the Planning and would have been for the Regs if he'd done them how I asked.

Cheers fella's

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back