Can anyone identify this light fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I,m looking for help. This fitting in my shower has gone, I cannot figure out how to replace the bulb, It will not turn to release, sealed unit ?
Any help is appreciated.
Capture.PNG

Sponsored Links
Does the whole unit pull out from the ceiling? Perhaps the bulb is fitted from behind?

I have seen two types of these, one, the glass lens had a thread which screwed into the fitting. The other a kind of bayonet fitting where you rotate slightly and the glass drops down.

Both are a PIA to get a grip of.

At a guess JCC. Try holding the surround in place, and turn the glass bit a quarter turn.

Sponsored Links
Do you really want to keep that antique?

Perhaps its time for a nice modern LED light, suitable for the location.

My 'in laws' had some that from memory looked identical to that. They did unscrew but the more they had been tightened the harder they gripped the rubber seal between the lens and fitting. And therein was the problem. The seal being some form of rubber, and tightly compressed offers a frictional resistance to start with, and when undisturbed for some time in this state stuck to both surfaces making it almost impossible to release the glass without spinning the whole fitting around. On one occasion I had to use grips lined with a cloth to remove the lens whilst bro in law was in the loft hanging onto the fitting to stop it rotating whilst I did so.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back