can anyone recommend a universal cutter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I've been thinking to buy a multi cutter as I often have to remove sections of timber from soffits and facias and as well as it taking ages I don't want to cause too much damage by using a chisel.
It must be 110 volt or decent cordless as it's for site use.
I've looked at a Bosch GOP 250 multi cutter for £153.99 inc VAT.
Has anyone any experience with these when it comes to cutting wood an inch thick ?
The electrician I use has a cordless Milwaukee model and he uses it for trimming trunking but I don't reckon it could cope with wet timber.
All views and opinions would be gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
i have the bosch blue 10.8 gop it would take roughly 1min per inch on 22mm timber

i usually use a recip saw for facias
2 battons cut to 45% one end the same length as the extended blade to shoe screw each side off the cut blade width appart
yes you have a couple off screw holes to fill in but a neat accurate cut

The Bosch is a great tool, there is a new one out, the GOP350? bigger motor or just more power but easier blade changing.
Don't bother with the Bosch blades, rubbish. I have a WSE adaptor and just change blades according to the task.

Sponsored Links
I use the cordless Bosch unit and have a few batteries. Much easier/more versatile than a corded

Also, get some of the large tooth japanese style blades from www.rutlands.co.uk - cuts quicker than normal blades

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back