Can anyone recommend me a quality brush for satin wood

watching the video, the angled brush seems so good for cutting in.

I had the Harris Edge roller but ended up takin it back to B and Q without using it as i thought it would be way too thick to neatly deal with edges.

Maybe the guy in those videos is very good or the brushes he is using are very good.

I have however purchased a top of the range B and Q brush highly recommended to me by a few friends of mine which looks similar to these purdy brushes but with a plastic/rubber handle. I tested the brush for loss of brissles and it seemed solid. It also feels very fine so im assuming would reduce the likelihood of clear brush strokes.

Any experience with these "premium" B&Q brushes?

Sponsored Links
btw the only reason ive ended with another b&q brush is due to no decorator centres being open today and its bank holiday monday tomorrow and i need to start painting tomorrow

actually no i haven't used the b& Q But one tip if you dont know, or for others looking in, when you start using acrylic paint make sure you dampen the brush/s in water first..This will help to stop the paint clogging and goiing crusty round the stile.

Regarding cuttining in I tend to find a brush will get a naturall 'Lean' bit difficult to explain but its to do with the feel.. I've had a couple of stella's lol.. so think i better sign off lol

good luck

LOL i dont drink so ive just had some relentless infernos lol

Btw, I was wanting a brush that isnt too thick if you understand what i mean. All the brushes i have seen seem to be too thick. These brushes ive seen in this video seem so nice and "sharp"

Sponsored Links
You can now get Purdy angled brushes in this country. Think they're called Dales, but mine are in the van and I'm really hung over so I might be wrong!

The UK is miles behind the US in terms of tools and materials in the painting and decorating trade but it's looking like that is slowly changing. Hence the guy in the video having a much larger choice of quality brushes.

I don't mean to rubbish your B&Q brush, but I'd avoid anything from that place. It's cheap dross aimed at people who don't really know what they're buying. Also the staff are terrible and it irks me to give them my money. I only ever go there in an emergency.

You'll find that all trade places are closed on the weekends, some are open Saturday morning, but that's it.

Anyway, good luck with the painting, just take your time and don't worry about your brush so much. Patience and a steady hand are much more important.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back