Can anyone recommend me a reusable face mask system?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been using disposable face masks whilst using power tools and they are OK but seem to work out expensive and I find that my safety goggles steam up annoyingly. Anyone able to recommend something better? I need the masks to be OK for use whilst cutting wood with routers/drills/saws and for sanding /drilling plaster and brickwork.

Cheers

JD

Sponsored Links
I'm guessing from your handle that this is DIY use?

If so, then probably no, I can't recommend one - most of the re-usables have cartridges with a shelf-life, and a use-by period once you open them. Unless you're using them all the time, frankly I don't think they work out cheaper. For professional use, YMMV. You would also need records of filter changes etc to ensure that the use is compliant, if you are using this sort of PPE for your job.

As for steaming up glasses / goggles, I've been using the blasted things for the best part of twenty years, and I've yet to find one that doesn't do this to some extent. I generally use 3M 8810's, which are as good as anything I've tried, but even an air-fed doesn't entirely overcome the problem.

Bear in mind that if you are using PPE like this as part of your job (i.e. it is noted in the risk assessment), then it now needs to be checked for fit (really!).

M

i use them en149 pp2 masks, no particuliar make so long as it has the 149 standard, and bottom line is , how much are a pair of lungs.....
anyway i have found the above mask combined with this ,folk think theyve got a reeet posh twit.

:LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back